If you are a coffee lover, then you know that having a Bunn coffee maker is a must. These machines make the perfect cup of Joe, but they can be a little tricky to use at first.
Let’s get started!
What is Bunn Coffee Maker?
A Bunn coffee maker is a special type of coffee brewer that has many more features than regular coffee brewers. For example, you can’t do more with a regular coffee maker than just brewing efficiency, but with a Bunn coffee maker you can keep your coffee in the machine for longer periods of time and make different types of drinks.
If you’re looking for an efficient brewing result and a coffee that stays warm, then the Bunn coffee maker is the perfect choice. It has a built-in warming mechanism that keeps your coffee hot, so you can take it with you wherever you go. Plus, it’s simple to clean up after use.
How to Drain Bunn Coffee Maker?
You can empty a Bunn coffee maker in just four steps, and these are quite easy to follow. Ensure that you follow the steps in the right order, especially if this is your first time doing so.
Step 1: Unplug the Electricity Wire
Before you turn off the power to your coffee maker, unplug the wire. This will prevent any potential electric shocks or problems.
Step 2: Cool the Hot Water
If the water in the coffee maker is hot, you should let it cool first before emptying it. You can do this by pouring cold water into the tank and then opening the lid to pour it in. Place the craft into the warming plate and close the lid of the coffee maker. The cold water will cause the hot water to enter the craft. The water tank must be flushed twice with hot water in order to clear the system.
Step 3: Drain Out Cold Water
After completing the task, you will need to drain out the cold water.
To remove the brew funnel and spray head, you will need to rotate them in the anti-clockwise direction.
Take the coffee maker to the sink and move it so water will flow from the spray tube and top lid. Make sure you are in a comfortable position as this process could take some time.
Make sure the coffee maker is in the same position as it was when you last used it and let all of the cold water flow out of its spray head tube and top lid. Once all of the water has flowed out, you’re done!
Step 4: Assemble All Parts
To reassemble the Bunn coffee maker, you will need to remove the parts that were removed during the draining process and take note of how it looks and what goes into what. This is important for first-time users who are not yet familiar with this coffee maker.
To assemble the spray head, you need to rotate it in the clockwise direction and then insert the brew funnel.
If you notice any difficulty fitting the parts back into the coffee maker, stop and take them out. Make sure to do it correctly in order to avoid damaging any components.
Afterward, you can resume working on the project.
Once they’re back in, you’re done with the entire process.
How to Maintain Your Bunn Coffee Maker
Cleaning your Bunn coffee maker is important for its longevity and performance. Follow the proper maintenance steps to keep it in good condition.
- To clean the coffee maker, turn it off and unplug from the power source. Wait until it cools before starting.
- Cleaning the exterior surfaces of a machine is important in order to maintain its appearance and performance.
- After cleaning the exterior surfaces, dry them off.
- To clean the coffee maker, remove the spray head and clean it with a damp cloth.
- You should clean the spray head to remove any minerals that may have accumulated.
- Cleaning the bypass fitting section of the coffee maker is the final step in completing its maintenance.
- When you have finished your work, you will need to fix all the parts that were removed.
- You must fix any parts of the document that were removed while working on it.
Best Bunn Coffee Maker Recommendation
Some of the best Bunn coffee makers are affordable. If you are interested in these products, then it will help you to get one as well.
- The BUNN GRB Velocity Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer is the best-performing coffee brewer on our list. It’s affordable and incredibly powerful, making it a great choice for anyone looking for an excellent cup of joe.
- The Bunn BT Velocity Brew 10-Cup Thermal Carafe Home Coffee Brewer is a high-quality coffee maker that offers durability, efficiency, and simplicity. It is our second choice as a top-grade and high performer coffee maker.
Why Should You Drain The Bunn Coffee Maker?
If you use your Bunn coffee maker on a daily basis, it is important to drain and filter your coffee after each pot. This is because left over coffee grounds can cause a mess when making coffee. If you want to store your Bunn Coffee Maker, simply turn off the brewer and let the machine sit for 24 hours. After 24 hours, all of the water will have been drained from the appliance.
Cleaning Your Bunn Coffee Maker
- After emptying the water tank and dumping any remaining water, allow the area to dry so that any dissolved sediment will not get stuck in your filter.
- After draining the water, turn off the switch and unplug your machine from the wall. Follow all of the cleaning instructions that came with your machine to ensure that all parts are cleaned properly.
- To clean your coffee maker, mix white vinegar and water in at least a half-vinegar solution and use a sponge or clean cloth to wipe down all surfaces.
- Cleaning your coffee machine is important to maintaining its performance. Follow these steps to clean each part of your machine: Wipe down all surfaces with a cloth. If you have a permanent Bunn coffee maker, remove the filter and place it in a small bowl filled with white vinegar and water. Let it soak for a few hours before removing it and running hot water through it to rinse any residue.
- After rinsing out your filter, clean the rest of your coffee maker with fresh water. Wipe down the machine with a damp cloth or sponge to remove any residue.
- To ensure your Bunn coffee machine is in peak condition, it is important to clean all parts of the machine after each use. This will help prevent any dirt or debris from building up and interfering with the brewing process.
F.A.Q How to drain Bunn coffee maker?
Should I unplug my Bunn coffee maker?
Remember, don’t plug in the brewer unit before setting it up completely. Instructions: During this step make sure the machine is unplugged and switched off. The water heating switch is generally located on the right bottom side of the coffee maker.
How do I reset my Bunn coffee maker after cleaning?
To reset “CLEAN” indicator, press and hold “H” and “M” buttons for 3 seconds during idle.
How do you get the vinegar taste out of a Bunn coffee maker?
Good Housekeeping recommends placing a paper filter in the basket and running a fresh, plain water cycle through the recently descaled machine. This typically can flush out the vinegar taste and odor. If the odor remains, try another flush of plain water before advancing to stronger remedies.
How long should a Bunn coffee maker last?
The average lifespan of a good coffee maker is about 5 years. If you take good care of the machine by cleaning and descaling regularly, the machine can last up to 10 years. However, while some coffee machines can last up to 10 years, you may want to say goodbye to your coffee maker a little earlier.
Although we have attempted to provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to drain your Bunn coffee maker, we understand that there may be some questions that remain. If you have any further questions or need assistance in completing this process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us for help. We are always happy to assist you.
Thanks for reading and Happy Brewing!